Public Poetry Contests
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Writers are invited to submit poems on the theme ENOUGH
This contest is being judged by Robin Davidson, Roy G. Guzman, Patricia Spears Jones, Carmen Giménez Smith
(Read judge's bios at http://www.publicpoetry.net/contests/judges/)
First prize is $1000.00 and an invitation to give a public reading in Houston, TX. Winner and thirty-nine (39) Finalists will have their poem included in an ebook anthology.
- Anyone can submit, including outside the USA.
- 40 lines maximum per poem (title and blank lines are not counted)
- The contest is judged blind; name and other identifying information cannot appear anywhere in the submission itself.
- If your poem is "Untitled," include the first 3 words in brackets ()
- You can enter up to 3 poems per entry.** Multiple entries are allowed
- Published poems can be submitted provided any permissions required are obtained in advance
- Submissions may not be modified after entry.
- Failure to comply with any contest guidelines may result in your submission being disqualified.
**Public Poetry Members can submit a fourth poem free. Memberships start at $8 http://www.publicpoetry.net/membership-here/
The winning poems will appear on our website in April 2019 and there will be a link in our free e-newsletter to the winning poems.